On the 8th April we’re joining forces once again with foraging and wild food expert Stuart Woodman to welcome guests on a guided foraging walk around Deviock and the neighbouring woods, culminating in a delicious farm and foraged feast accompanied by a selection of wild booze. Join us for an afternoon and early evening in the outdoors and around the farmhouse dining table.
Having got into foraging ourselves over the last couple of years, we want to share the experience of finding edible delights in the wild. There’s plenty of autumnal bounty to search out and sample, and walks will never be the same again we assure you!
In addition, we couldn’t invite you to Deviock without the chance to try some delicious produce from the farm itself, so expect homegrown fare on the menu too.
And last but by no means least, we couldn’t host an event like this without some wild booze sampling, not according to Stuart and Fin anyway, so expect to enjoy a tipple or two (or three…) throughout.
We’re working with Stuart to put the finishing touches to a very special menu, so watch this space…
We can’t wait to see you,
Fin and Hannah x
Introducing Stuart Woodman
We’ll be in the capable hands of foraging and wild cookery expert Stuart Woodman. Head Food Instructor and Master Wild Brewer at 7th Rise and Wild Fal (recently reviewed by The Guardian here), we first met Stuart on one of his foraging walks. With a particular passion for foraged feasting, outdoor cooking and wild brewing, we’re thrilled to have Stuart guiding us on a walk around the farm and woods, cooking for us and sharing some wild brews from his drinks cabinet. Read up on Stuart’s adventures in wild food here on his blog.
What to expect
- Arrival and refreshments: a first taste of some foraged fare
- Guided foraging walk with Stuart Woodman
- Independent foraging for additional supplies!
- Return to the farmhouse for refreshments, and to put the finishing touches to the farm and foraged feast
- Early dinner: three delicious courses, menu to follow…
- Home time
Welcome to Deviock Barns
Deviock Barns is a small, rural working farm and holiday cottages nestled alongside Cardinham Woods and Bodmin Moor. The family have lived on the farm for 15 years, but we, the newest arrivals, made the move down to Cornwall back in March this year. We’re thrilled to be able to invite you to the farmhouse for this special event.
Anything else you need to know
- Places are very limited so get in quick!
- As you’re coming along to a foraged feasting event, you’re probably pretty open-minded about menu options, but if you do have any special dietary requirements, please contact us with details on email@example.com before booking and we’ll see if we can make the menu suitable for you. Vegetarians and those who are gluten free can be catered for, but do let us know.
- The foraging walk involves some uneven and muddy terrain, so sensible footwear (like walking boots or wellingtons) will be required.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. We’ll be going ahead even if it’s wet so waterproof coats and warm weather attire might be needed, although we’re hoping for sunshine of course!
Tickets are £50, including foraging workshop, all refreshments, a three course meal and wild booze sampling.